Sunday, July 15, 2012

7/15/12

We're about 25 miles west of Havre,  Montana and about 50 miles south of the Canadian border.  Its 5:45PM mountain daylight time but we should have been here 2 hours ago.  I had a 4 hour layover in Portland to transfer from this train to the Coast Starlight in the morning in Portland.  At this rate my turn around time will be greatly shortened.  Just hope I don't miss the connection.  It is not unusual for Amtrak to make up lost time but it hasn't happened so far on this trip.
Not waiting around in a train station would be a good thing as long as it doesn't cut it too close.
The train has been a pleasant ride so far but bumpier than the Coast Starlight.  I have 8:30 PM reservation for dinner in the dinning car so I had a snack to tide me over till then.  Us commoners in coach are last after the sleeper car folk to make reservations.
I took a picture of my kind and generous friends that helped me so much in getting the bike box and other errands plus housing, feeding and transporting me and gear to the train.
Below are Al and Vicky in the train station.


1 comment: