Wednesday, July 10, 2013

7/10/2013

Klamath, CA!  I'm in California.  About 53 miles today.  I day about because did a jaunt up the highway to check out three RV parks that advertised tent camp sites.  I was under whelmed; they were all after thoughts.  So I came back to the Motel Tree.  Its reasonable, spacious, well decorated with murals and is clean.
   Had breakfast at a restaurant that actually opened up at 6:00 AM as advertised and was on the road by 6:40.  A lot of good that did me, the coast was socked in with low thick fog (no pictures there).  However there was no wind yet and the big hill I had to climb south of Crescent City took me up out of the fog.  By the time I got to Klamath, the fog had retreated but the wind had kicked in and seemed to reverse direction in a very short distance.
    Tomorrows destination is the KOA
Campground in Arcata/Eureka.
About today's pictures:  One is of the fabulous Motel Tree and the other is across the street tourist attraction, "Trees of Mystery" with greetings from Paul Bunyon and Babe the ox.

And lastly and belatedly, the reason why its named the Forest Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment