Sunday, July 7, 2013

7/7/2013

Made it to Reedsport, OR.  Made good time at a little over 12 mph.  I had a nice Spanish omelette at s small cafe in Reedsport .
      Most of the journey today was along the coast with vistas of river bays and sloughs plus more coves and  rugged rock shelves much like those at Montana De Oro.  I didn't take any pictures, you can go to Montana De Oro and see for your self.
    I am staying at the Best Budget Motel.  My kind of motel for bike touring, cheap, only $48.60.  That's only $12.00 more than my stay at the KOA last night.  The room is clean and shower works fine.
    Tonight and tomorrow are all planned.  Tonight its pizza and salad.  Tomorrow I go 3.5 miles up the road Winchester Bay to a restaurant that opens before 8:00 AM for breakfast.  I did my shopping for tomorrows lunch and dinner and I will be staying at another KOA  near Langlois, OR.
     The restaurant tonight is really two by the same company in the same building.  One is Bedrocks Pizzeria the other is Bedrocks Cowder House and Grill.  The restaurant in the morning is another one of Bedrocks.
    The pizza and salad were perfect (it was a salad bar creation) and I had a semi local ale from Rogue Brewery in Newport, OR.
   Below is a photo of the infamous Best Budget Motel.  As many of the thrifty motels I've been in, the motel is run/owned by an Indian family (from India).  They frequently have these older motels that they gradually update the facilities.  Not yet done to my room, but every thing worked and was clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment