Friday, July 12, 2013

7/12/2013

Tonight I am in the bustling metropolis of Redcrest, CA (not!  It has only 112 inhabitants if you count Elks.).  The ride down was good especially since my Warm Showers host guided me on his bike (he rides to work every morning) on old Arcata highway and led me on a bike tour through Eureka.  After that I was on my own with the Adventure Cycling maps and all went well.
   I am staying at the Redcrest Resort in a funky little cabin.  The only other business in town is a cafe across the street.
    I had a burger at the little cafe tonight.  It met spec  and was filling.  I had asked about where to get a beer when I checked in and found out there none close, but the woman at check in counter asked what kind I liked and said that some people leave beer in the room refrigerators and she would check what they had.  This evening they showed up with a pale ale and an IPA.  That's what I call service above and beyond.

Anyway, here is a picture of my abode and the little cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment