Tuesday, July 9, 2013

7/9/2013

The day started out very smoothly got out of camp about 6:15. I rode  nine miles to Port Orford and had breakfast at the Paradise Cafe. Very good, very nutritious and was on my way by 7:30.  My day was warm when I started out from breakfast but was a little hazy as you can tell by some of the pictures that I have included and then a cleared up. Other than going up to a couple significant hills, I had a good time.
     Then the fog started rolling in and obscured anything to seaward.  I did manage to take a couple pictures of sea rocks.  I caught glimpses of two larger rocks just off shore and one connected to shore by a sand bar.  These rocks could rival Morro rock in size and one had significant foliage on it.
    I made it Brookings, OR about 2:00 and checked into the Blue Coast Motel.  Nice and fair priced.  I was searching for a place to eat dinner and have a local brew.  Not having much luck with that I went I the store to get food for lunch tomorrow.  While picking up my usual lunch items, I discovered they had a huge collection of Microbrews.  So I picked one and Health Choices frozen dinner.  Since my room has a microwave, I ate in tonight.

So here are the pictures of rocks.  You may have to zoom in/expand them for a clearer picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment