Thursday, July 4, 2013

7/4/2013

I arrived Garibaldi, OR at 2:30 after a more reasonable ride of 63 miles.  There were 5 or 6 moderate hills an one longer and harder one just before Nehalem, but I'm not going to complain because the really hard stuff is yet to come.
    I had a dread that accommodations would be crowded today and probably though the weekend and the dreads were well founded.  I checked with or found all motels, a hostel and two campgrounds were full until I got the Harbor view Inn in Garibaldi 5 miles further than I planned to go.


As to the pictures:

       The first is the Astoria Bridge which I crossed over the Columbia River bay into Astoria.  The second is of the entrance to the Neblad Hotel and hostel.  The third is from a vista point over looking a view of beach area to the north along the Oregon coast north of Seaside.  The forth is an explanation plate with numbers referring to the different elements of the updated photo.  See if it is readable on your computer screen.  It is hard to read on my phone even when expanded.

LI

No comments:

Post a Comment