Friday, July 5, 2013

7/5/2013

Well, today was into normal distance for this trip (56.6 mi) but there were two hills, at or over 2 miles long and 750 and 850 feet high. I will not have  any more like that until the day after tomorrow.
    The KOA campground that I was interested in staying at had bad reviews and was not convenient to get to due to traffic so I opted for the Motel 6 in Lincoln,  OR.
    Speaking of traffic, this place is a zoo.  The congestion coming into town was so bad that I was able to keep, and often pass cars.  The result of the 4 day weekend I presume.
    I found a brew pub restaurant just a 10 minute walk from the motel.  Their Porter and stout are right on the taste I expect.
   I was so impressed with the line up and number of taps at the brew pub that I took a couple pictures of them. When I got back to my room, I discovered that they were not in memory, so there will be no pictures today. 
   Anyway, there is a whole wall of generically labeled spigots
ranging from the normal lites and their unlite brethren to all of the brewery's brews to 5 or 6 of the house chilled wines.

No comments:

Post a Comment