Wednesday, July 3, 2013

7/3/2013

Well I started out the day with my phone dead.  At first I thought that I had not plugged it in all the way but what really happened was when I got up in the middle of the night to checked what time it was I must have held the off button too long and the phone turned itself off.  The real problem was I had set the alarm and it didn't go off.  Fortunately I woke up and was only about 15 minutes late getting up and with the adrenalin rush I was able to get out the door on time and was on the road a little before 7:00AM. 
    As I mentioned in yesterdays installment, I had breakfast at the BeeHive Diner and, although I thought I would never take a picture of my food, I did this morning because it was so overwhelming.  I did not eat the whole thing.
    I made it Astoria, OR at 87.2 miles at about 3:00 PM.  I am at the Norblad Hotel and Hostel. Very nice accommodations for a hostel.  The  counter lady even helped me sclept my stuff up to the room and recommended  The brew pub across the street for local beers and dinner.
   I'm tired and going to bed.  Tomorrow the goal is in the mid 50 mile range around Rockaway Beach, OR.


No comments:

Post a Comment